BlueGreen Algae Water Test
Buy today for estimated delivery between
4 - 15 days
Are You or Your Pets Struggling with Unexplained Discomforts?
BlueGreen Algae Water Test$24.99
Pet Food Intolerance Test$88.00
Food Intolerance Test$88.00
Equine Health Test$194.00
INCLUDES: 1 ON-SITE TEST KIT
- The BLUEGREEN TEST® is the world's first rapid diagnostic test to detect a broad range of hepatotoxins on-site. It utilizes a single-step, sandwich-type, non-competitive immunocomplex assay method, using combinations of antibodies detecting molecular structures present in all common microcystins and nodularins. This combination enables the test to detect eleven commonly occurring hepatotoxins in a single test and can detect levels below 0.1 µg/L. and takes just 15 minutes to process with immediate, sensitive, and indicative results.
- Unlike traditional immunoassays' complex, multi-step process, the BLUEGREEN TEST® utilizes a single-step in vitro approach, which takes just 10 minutes to process with immediate, sensitive, and indicative results. Results directly indicate the current state of the tested water body, as the test can be carried out directly at the source. The test illustrates positive or negative readings via visual detection by the naked eye and indicates the concentration of detected cyanotoxins. This is shown through the strength of the developed test line is directly proportional to an increase in cyanotoxin concentrations.
What Is the Issue?
- Nutrient pollution is one of America's most widespread environmental problems. It is caused by excess nitrogen and phosphorus in the air and water. The nutrients are an essential part of the aquatic ecosystem. They support the growth of aquatic plants and algae, which provide food and habitat for fish and other organisms that live in water. But what happens when too much nitrogen and phosphorus enter the environment? Too much of these nutrients in the water causes algae to grow faster than the ecosystems can handle. Significant increases in algae can harm the water quality, food resources, and habitats and decrease the oxygen supply. Large growths of algae blooms can decrease the amount of oxygen in the water, leading to fish illness or death. Some of these blooms are harmful to wildlife, pets, and humans because they can produce harmful toxins and bacterial growth. This is why testing for blue-green algae toxicity is so important.
Where Is It Found?
- Blue-green algae are found in marine waters and freshwater and brackish habitats. Under the right conditions, cyanobacteria can grow rapidly, resulting in an algal bloom. Environmental factors like light, temperature, and nutrients contribute to bloom formation.
How Can My Dog Be Affected?
- Dogs are susceptible to harmful algae because they swallow more water while swimming and doing activities (such as retrieving a ball from the water). Animals can experience symptoms within minutes of exposure to the toxins. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, difficulty breathing, and seizures. In the worst cases, animals have died. If your pet experiences these symptoms after exposure to algae, contact your veterinarian.