Is your job all work and no play? Does everyone keep to themselves? Is the stiff holiday party the only time you socialize with your co-workers? Are you away from your pet all day? Hopefully, a miserable workplace such as this will soon be a thing of the past!
Employers and their workers are realizing the value of having more fun on the job! It’s no surprise that research has shown that when people are happier, they have:
- Improved health
- Increased motivation
- More productivity
- Less stress and anxiety
- Improved task performance
- Higher job satisfaction
When employees are friends with each other, they work better together and communicate more effectively. Having fun with people is a great way to learn about each other’s traits, likes, and dislikes. This knowledge enables them to better understand each other’s boundaries, strengths and weaknesses. Play can also stimulate imagination, help people adapt and solve problems.
Employers with happy employees benefit from reduced absenteeism, improved teamwork, increased employee retention, and greater sales!
At 5Strands Affordable Testing, we make an ongoing effort to spend time with each other in a relaxed and fun environment. Here are some of the ways we play!
- Bringing our pets to work! Some days, we have as many as 7 dogs at the office! They enjoy each other as much as we enjoy having them there! Dogs are proven to reduce stress in the workplace. Having the freedom to bring our beloved furry friends to the office keeps smiles on our faces! Find out more about this in our blog, “Happiness is a Pet-Friendly Workplace.”
- I think I can speak for the whole office when I say we are foodies! We enjoy having a healthy lunch ordered in for special occasions or just because. Evidence shows that eating tasty and healthy meals improves your mood and helps you focus. For us, it’s food for the soul and helps rejuvenate us in the midst of our work day.
- Relaxing or stimulating breaks! We take turns unwinding on our amazing full-body massage chair! I have a feeling we’ll need a sign-up sheet to be sure everyone is included! We also have a Confidence Fitness Full Body Vibration machine. What better way to recharge than take a quick break to exercise AND have a good laugh?
- Holiday celebrations – From carving pumpkins for Halloween to making gingerbread houses at Christmas, we pause to party and celebrate the seasons. This includes photos with our pets in matching costumes/clothes!
Our team is grateful for fun at the job we all love. This helps provide the foundation for delivering a great customer experience and building a successful business.
Wishing you fun at your job and happiness all the time!